Cravings

All about the recipes that I can get my hands on, from anyone and anywhere who wanted to share their recipes with me. Varieties of food, drink, cookies, desert, from all over the world.

Google

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Tuna Fried Rice

FIsh Kedgeree reminds me of something that I used to cook during my early days of working (read : very little money). However, I used palm oil instead of butter and I replaced salmon with canned tuna, with a little bit of cabbage, and egg. Here are the recipe

2-3 tbsps cooking oil
1-2 onion, thinly sliced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can tuna chunk
700g rice, cooked
2 eggs, beaten
100g thinly sliced Sawi or Cabbage
Salt to taste
1-2 tbsps chopped spring onions or fried shallot

Steps
1.Heat oil in frying pan or wok.
2.Add tuna and fry for 30 seconds on each side, or each side turn light brown.
3.Remove and set aside to cool.
4.Use fork to flake the fish.
5.Add onion and garlic into the same pan, stir fry till fragrant than add rice and stir fry for another 40 seconds.
6.Toss over high fire until well mixed.
7.Keep rice mixture loose.
8.Add beaten egg,continue to toss,scraping the bottom of the pan until the egg has set.
9.Season to taste.
10.Garnish with chopped spring onion or fried shallot.
11.Serve immediately.

Variation : Replace tuna with sardine, ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
weblogUpdates.ping All About Recipes http://allaboutrecipes.blogspot.com/