Cravings

All about the recipes that I can get my hands on, from anyone and anywhere who wanted to share their recipes with me. Varieties of food, drink, cookies, desert, from all over the world.

Google

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Green Fried Rice

I get this one from my friend who came over my place and cook for me when I was not feeling well. She called it Nasi Goreng Hijau or Green Fried Rice.

2-3 tbsps oil
1-2 onion, thinly sliced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
3-5 green chillies, seeded and blend (you can put in more if you want,this is what make the rice green)
2-3 cili padi (optional)
100g thinly sliced cabbage
150g dried ikan bilis, rinsed, drained well and deep fried until crisp
4 cups cooked rices,cooled
Salt to taste
Fried shallot for garnish.

Steps
1.Heat oil in pan over medium fire and stir fry onion and garlic until lightly brown or until fragrant
2.Put in blended chillies and rice. Blend well, keep the rice loose.
3.Add in Ikan bilis.
4.Add in cabbage. We put in cabbage last so that it wont over cook.
5.Put in salt to taste.
6.Garnish with shallot.
Serve immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
weblogUpdates.ping All About Recipes http://allaboutrecipes.blogspot.com/